Wednesday, March 5, 2014

#0.5: The Rebranding

As you may have noticed, I've renamed the blog from Idiot Teenagers with a Death Wish to Political Animorphs. I kind of jumped into blogging with the original name because I had no better ideas. Unfortunately, a few posts in, I'm starting to see several problems with it: one, it's long and unwieldy. Two, it says nothing about this blog except that it's about Animorphs, which you probably already knew. Three, it's hard to remember unless you're already a hardcore Ani-fan.

So I've changed the name to Political Animorphs. I thought it was a reasonably clever play on words (political animals? Eh? Eh?) as well as being shorter, easier to remember, and stating upfront what's unique about this particular re-read blog: its commentary on sociopolitical issues in Animorphs. I might develop an actual reader base in the future (hard to believe, I know, but anything's possible!), so I thought it best to make this change now, while my only audience is the odd person who trickles in from Richard's Animorphs Forum.

To live up to the name, I'll probably spend more time talking about politics and less time recapping the books. (I realize my review of #1: The Invasion was waaaaaaay too long, and I've been trying to make each review shorter than the last. I've managed to cut my wordcount by about a thousand words with each new review, but it's still pretty hefty.) I'll also try to hold back on the spoilers, to make this a more welcoming place for new fans of the books.

If you're reading, thanks for sticking with me! I'll have my review of #4: The Message up on Monday, as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment